We're still here and it seems from my weather app that the winds have subsided to 24 MPH gusts in C51 country. We had wind during the night (No Dux not me personally, I mean the weather was windy)and rain. Today it is the coldest day so far this year and overcast. The rain has slacked. Maybe Sandy has done with us. Terrible damage up north with millions still without power. We have blizzard conditions in our western mountains that will last all day and through the night. That is truly odd. A storm surge and high wind on the coast and at the other end of the state we have a blizzard and it was all caused by a late season hurricane. The ski resorts are making the most of it. Regardless of the storm damage here we know we got off easy and it might have been a disaster. The mess up north is on our mind and we feel brotherly concern for our countryman who are hurting. We know what it is to go without power for days down here and it 'ain't no picnic' (OK it could be described as a kinda picnic due to cooking and eating outside but that's about it.)
All this storm watching has caused me to use that weather program a good bit. I'd like to know the weather at your house. I can monitor that by adding your closest major airport that would have approx. the same weather as yours to my list. I'd guess Manchester for you Dux and maybe W. Vancouver for you PV1? I have a list of airports for Denmark but none seem to have Copenhagen in their name. What would the correct airport be for you MG? Currently I have selected the airport at Avno Danish Air Force Base. Currently at 04:55 GMT that shows mostly cloudy, 44 F. with 14 MPH winds coming from the WSW.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019