We have discussed video chatting before. I now have a reasonably good webcam and if you also have one we could chat using Gmail. There are tons of options such as instant messaging and loads of free software available but the Gmail route seems the easiest. You may prefer something else.
After you have a webcam up and running you have to download a plugin from Google and install it. Then you log into Gmail as usual and you have the option to video chat with any of your contacts that have a camera icon by their name. I don't think you have to have their "Chrome" browser to do this.
I have not yet tried it because I have not yet downloaded the software. Check it out here:
HTTP//WWW.Google.com/chat/video
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019