Folks,

About time Dux:

I was beginning to think the same thing that happened to Pierpoint Angler inj the story above had happened to you. Any longer and we would not be able to call you a dropout but rather a drop in. wink

Congrats on finishing the Hawk. Send a pix. I actually built that Viking ship years ago. It was fun to build though the parts were small. I remember the most fun was the detailing and weathering of the clinker built timbers. I always most enjoyed the detailing and weathering of all my kits. I think that by that time I had my Badger airbrush. I used something besides Testors paints by then. The brand name has somehow become lost to me. That airbrush and compressor made a huge difference in the appearance of my finished models. I don't know how much one and all its accouterments costs today. They were relatively cheap back then. The decals of the shields were fragile. I used a liquid that made using decals easier. Again I cannot remember the name. I think in the case of the Viking ship I painted the shields by hand and did not use the decals. I'd really like to see a photo of that when you finish. K may be right about her heritage. Incidentally, I recently watched an interesting Kirk Douglas interview recorded right after he finished "The Vikings". Kirk has aged now and has suffered a stroke but outlived just about all his contemporaries, even his buddy Burt Lancaster.

Visit us more often, you are missed mate.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019