Gents,

A bit of sun then clouds as rain morning and evening bookends the day. amazingly, the grass was dry enough to mow, but then we haven't had rain in equal amounts across the country. The western part of the country, Jutland have had a wet weekend and start to the week; thunder and heavy rains.

Guns, When I was doing my national service many years ago, in the last century, in fact, in the last Millennium, they thrust a Garand M1 rifle upon me and it made a loud noise, then had to be cleaned. Then, because back then I was in the platoon for the taller guys (these days when I look at younger people they much taller than me) I was made machine gunner so they thrust a the old Imperial German model upon me, it was indeed based on a design from back in the Great War and only slightly changed over the years. It also made a lound noise, several of them in succession I tell you, and it also had to be cleaned.

This week, the police here are granting amnesia, or is that amnesty; an official pardon, if people owning illegal weapons and munitions deliver these items in the safe care of the police. You'd be surprised to learn that weapons from the occupation 1940-1945 still turn up when the last of the generations living through that period pass away and relatives and descendants find the old guns. Some officers of certain military forces also might have a gun hidden away at home, at least I was led to believe so by a relative whose husband was in intelligence.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop