klFolks,

Today seems to be a perfect reflection of yesterday weatherwise. Rain is coming on Sunday however. By Halloween, we should have trees wearing coats of many colors. If my trick or treat memories are correct, our Halloween nights can be a bit brisk. If I go out trick or treating with the kids this year I will at least wear a mask. The one year I didn't parents complained I frightened the kids too much. smile

I don't imagine they have trick or treating in Denmark. However, if they do, I think MG should dress up like his avatar. I have also long been a fan of William Claude Dukenfield. That would be WC Fields to most of you. I bet MG knew his real name. In one of his biographies, I read that he was terrified someone would steal his money so he opened special bank accounts all over the country under assumed and sometimes humorous named. Names in fact rather like the names of his on-screen characterss. After his death, it was speculated that many of these accounts were ...well...unaccounted for. They may still be there in some obscure bank in the US. If you are a banker and have access to bank records, you might look for the name Whipsnade, Wilkins Micawber, Cuthbert J. Twillie, Harold Bissonette, Bisbee or Prof. McGargle.

MG:
LOL. The cat got a good talking to and spent the rest of the night in the bathroom. Unless you are correct about the eventual feline uprising to take over the world, I do not suspect the unfortunate bouncing imposed on my new laptop was intentional. As I mentioned yesterday, cats seem to know precious little about computers and technology in general. I did hold my breath when I raised the cover and waited for the lock screen to come up. So far the only indication of a problem has been that the mouse no longer causes the sign in box to appear for some reason. I have to press the enter key. No big deal I could even skip that screen if needed. I scanned the disk for errors and none were found.

For some unknown reason, I had completely forgotten about that particular nurse, MG. I do not know why. Apparently, I have forgotten that too. I sometimes sit down and sadly ponder about all the myriads of things I've forgotten over my 73 years. Of course, since these things are forgotten it is rather difficult to ponder about them specifically. Eventually, this fact is remembered and I switch to pondering about the many things I now remember but may forget about sometime soon. Because there are so many such things, I usually just get tired and stop pondering altogethe\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\-*******. Very soon I forget what I was doing and find something unforgettable to do like type here,

Let me see, her name was Nurse Ermintrude I. Procedure? Ermintrude? That sounds Danish to me. Wait, wasn't she the nurse that.... no that was the one that slid naked from her dorm into down a zip line into Duxes convertible after the HWH Summer Solstice bash. Hmmm. Was she the blonde that Olga found hiding under Dux's bed on Christmas Eve? No, her name was Anita Goodman. I remember now. Wasn't she the Nurses judo instructor? That's right, and a real looker she was too, so fit. She was also a real man hater. Are you sure I sent you up those vines to her room? Perhaps it was your Idea? We had only just seen the Erol Flynn flick Robin Hood and the scene where he climbs up to Olivia DeHaviland's room seemed to impress you quite a bit. Surely I would not have been such a swine as to suggest that you and...and.., that particular lady would be a match? Are you quite sure it wasn't Dux? He had a grudge you know.

Surely you remember that you had only recently set up a blind date with that lovely nymph from town. The one that chewed tobacco and didn't shave her legs. Dux was furious because he couldn't get the taste of tobacco out of his mouth for days. I have it now. Dux got me to send you up that tangled vegetation clinging to the nurse's dorm, Perhaps if we consider both sides you may have had it coming. Frankly, though you may not have been innocent I do not think you deserved being grabbed just as you reached the nurse's window and flipped headlong back down the same vegetation many times faster than you climbed it either.

Yes, I seem to remember that at the infirmary you swore to everyone who'd listen that the only reason that nurse bested you was because you had damaged your ligament climbing up. A thousand might not have believed you MG, but I always did.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019