As Mr. Einstein once explained regarding his theory, "It's about time...."
Welcome back from whence you came. Hopefully we can now, with the help of MG and PV1 return to more regular posting and dissuasions. With the onset of predicted storms this afternoon I may lose contact temporarily. Right now alles gut. No sunshine to heat up the atmosphere and make it more unstable however there is a marked increase in temp. and humidity even with overcast skies.
Pembrokshire? I am painfully ignorant of the doubtless myriad of pleasures that particular shire may be noted for. Perhaps having recently returned from there, you can enlighten me?
I heard that very rude crack Dux. Yes, I may be a lazy sod indeed and I could have just Googled it up for myself and simply not trouble you when you have a terrible headache. No one speaks of England quite the way you do and all those websites are designed to inveigle the unwary traveler into adding places of interest to their itinerary, not give them the down and dirty facts about a town, village or locale. Fill in the blanks. There's a good chap.
My son is going to load ROF on his new laptop. I look forward to that. Perhaps we can try COD as well? Since he is a long-time confirmed, card carrying member of the after burner crowd I may not be able to get him interested in a prop sim.
While I was off-line Photo-Bucket saw fit to delete all my photos, paintings and Olga illustrations. I also lost those sim-films I made using BoB, IL-2, MiG Alley and Strike-Fighters. No great loss to the world of course but it did represent many, many hours of hard if happy work. The up-loading alone took a considerable amount of time. Much of it is archived on DVDs and CDs of course but it will take time to find even with my indexing system. It's a minor nusiance. It gave me a bad taste for Photo Bucket however and I'm thinking of joining my son at Google.
Is anyone using Chrome or Thunderbird instead of IE? I'm stuck at IE 8 using XP plus there is that caution regarding the IE vulnerability going on now. Any problems with Chrome? I wonder how easy it may be to transition from IE to Chrome? How easy is it to transfer Favorites and add-ons like IeSpell. Hmmmmm. Is there a ChromeSpell?
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019