Folks,

OSRAM:

Yes he seems to have simply misplaced his password and that is not the same thing that happened to Stickman and me. I don't know if he has tried the suggestion from the FAQ yet as I have not heard from him again. I e-mailed the same info to him that I posted here.

It seems logical that he has tried that FAQ idea already since he told me he had "contacted" the admin. (he did not say how)with no response so far.

It takes time to get an e-mailed response from the admin. but they always answer sooner or later I've found. The password retrieval thing is probably an auto-response situation and I'd think you'd get a prompt reply unless there is some other problem. The FAQ says "instantly". So if he did try that route and it is taking time there may be something else he has to deal with.

He'll probably keep me posted by e-mail unless the problem is fixed in which case he will be posting again. I'll pass along any new info I get from Dux.

Or he may just say 'to heck with it' and register under another name and password. I do not know how many languages Dux may be fluent in so keep an eye out for someone posting as Olde Dux, Vieux Dux, Vecchio Dux, Alt Dux, Oud Dux, or even Gammel Dux. ;\)


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019