Folks,

Well I give up for the time being. There are two posts on the A2A technical thread pertaining to the English text problem. Ignore the first, nothing but the question is there. The second claims to offer a fix. It may have worked for him but his instructions did not for me. Try it Dux and LMK if it works for you.

I did not get a CTD but rather a crash to a black screen with a very odd graphic and a "you're screwed" message about the English text and again with no mouse to close the message with. I figured I could manage to close with either the task manager or using the shut down dialog via the windows key. I used the latter and just restated.

At load up the first screen is different and looks nice. The Instant action screens look the same. So do the loading screens seem as they always have. What I notice is how fast everything loads. Then dropping into 3D I am amazed by the changes. I hardly had time to observe but what I saw was exciting for an old hand like me.

Yes, I must say that it all looks very good the several minutes I have been able to enjoy it. Rather sadistic of our BoB to offer tantalizing pleasures and then take them away so quickly. Up til now my experience with BoB has been excellent. But that was on the old XP with only the first few patches applied. If I get BoB running again on Win 7 Prof. I may just forget about Win 10 and the horrors of going through all this over again.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019