You guys bring up interesting points. Let me hope that any land returning to the Americas might bring some good water with it. Free of charge, of course. Of course somewhere there would be a bill. If Australia does send it back some day, would it also come with a season reversal? Hmm, I see, not in the northern hemisphere, you say? Darn it. Maybe it's time to take a trip to South America and have a good parillada and vino. But that's just dreaming. They are enjoying Summer there right now.
I also used to believe while working real estate that they are not making more land, but my belief on the never a move will be 100% good or bad thing kicks in. When a plate shifts isn't there sometimes a bearer of "new" land? I've read of volcanoes growing out of nowhere and bringing with it new land. Of course the opposite can also be true, sinkholes being an example. And was not most of the North American continent once under the sea?
We do have coyotes here in the urban area, with warnings coming more often about letting small pets out and videos of coyotes having no problem scaling eight-foot fences. And to think I was worried about seeing snakes when out for a bike ride.