Thanks Sir JR2 for taking time so early after your return to read and comment on A Lifetime Ago. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Without trying to toot my own trumpet, for some reason I got a bit emotional reading it to my kids and wife the day I posted it. They had asked me to read it and although I didnt really intend for it to tug at the emotions, as I read it aloud I had to swallow hard a few times to finish. Silly really.
I think it is just that the story reminds one of how much we respect and admire the brave fellows they fought, survived the war and then had a long life afterward. They were then and remain something very special. We all owe them a great deal. What strikes my nerve is that they get very emotional as well whenever the memories come back to the surface.
And you are so right about Sir Old Dux latest romp. Excellent stuff. Olga is quite a women....She is a women isnt she