Folks,

SNAFU:

Thanks.

Tonight is the night that the UNC coach "The best coach in basketball never to win a championship" may shed that title. I know his mentor Dean Smith is rooting for him. You will remember that Roy was coach of a fine Kansas team that made it to the final. I well remember the night Kansas lost and you could hear the pain and disappointment in his voice as he spoke to the press.

UNC is favored by 2 points and I can't figure out why since Illinois has over 30 wins. Both want to be the underdog perhaps. I think it can go either way. It should be an exciting championship basketball game. The best championship game I can ever remember watching was between Maryland and NC State.

Pardon us for talking basketball. Many of you, especially the Europeans, couldn't care less about the game I am sure.

In no time at all you will be setting sail once more Cap'n SNAFU. I wish you a good crew, fair wind and smooth seas with a good star to steer her by. Bon voyage mon ami.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019