You must have noticed how a certain aroma or a particular melody or song can suddenly transport you to a previous point in your life with a vivid memory of a special moment in time.
It happened again to me today. I’ve mentioned that giving up on figuring out what it takes to get Win 10 and Chrome to stream audio and/or video I installed an app known as “Tuneit”.
That is working out just great so far. I’ve found all the local stations and several from around the world. Nice.
A certain song played this morning and, instantly, my mind formed a technicolor, high def, picture of a totally different time and place. I suddenly remembered where I was and who I was with and what we were doing. That was nice. I wonder whatever happened to her?
Last time I heard from her she was working at my hometown phone company. She asked my grandmother how I was and asked her to say hello. That was probably 50 years ago. Talk about time machines...we all have one and all it needs is a little help from an old tune to take a trip.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019