the Canadian National Exhibition Airshow was 4 hours of fascination for me. I don't get to many airshows really, which makes it that much more of a thrill. Hard to pick out a favourite really, but the Spitfire MkIX brought goosebumps, as did the three Mustangs, one being a P51C. Another high spot for me was the F86 Sabre - I would watch the Golden Hawks practice their routine over my house when I was young(er). The Blue Angels and the Snowbirds certainly gave us our money's worth. The F/A 22 boggled my mind with its sheer power. Nothing in the entire show was anything but facscinating to me. Sadly I do not have a decent camera, (in fact it has been known to be quite indecent) and even if I did I would not have the skills to take shots of objects moving at near light speed, or at 30,000 feet. Sorry lads.
McG, thank you for posting that excellent clip. I dare say that is a fine instrument and probably plays like an extension of one's body, I would love to hear Steve take it for an extended solo performance.
Old Dux, I picked up a few warblers and odds and ends this morning, and spent a few hours at the Hawk Watch this afternoon. It is good to be playing while everyone else is working. Good luck in Lincolnshire.
JRT, I looked everywhere for your lie-low with a Jolly Roger penant but without success. However I did give up the search after I discovered several young ladies floating across the lake on a pair of beer barrels strapped together. They were nearly submerged due to the fact that they had neglected to drain sufficient contents form the barrels to remain bouyant. Lucky for them I was there.
"you know you've done a wheels up landing when it takes full power to taxi."