Not a particularly good morning in the international news:
Argentine authorities have now stated that the search for the 44 missing sailors and the submarine lost continues but it is no longer a rescue mission, i.e. the poor sailors must be counted as lost. Any man who sails in submarines must think that the risk of a disaster is very remote, until random chance and perhaps bad odds stack up against him and his boat, and mathematical status quo is maintained; The risk is still remote, but it has not gone away.
Jim Nabors, the man I know best from his yearly appearance at Indianapolis pre race ceremonies prior to the running of the Indy 500 until 2014 singing "Back Home again in Indiana", has passed on.
Now it is not even 4 p.m. but the sun has gone down here and while it was up, it did manage to present itself in a clear blue sky for a few hours before a curtain of clouds were being drawn to obscure it's face yet again. With low wind I risked a bike ride and nearly lost my toes due to impending frostbite, in spite of wearing two pairs of socks and riding boots. I'm thawed out now, I'm happy to report.