No joy as yet on making a conversion from SF ver 2 to ver 1. There is a different file system and some things work but others don't. I've found more SF1 addon planes and installed them.I now have about all the Japanese planes I want. The exceptions being the Raiden and Shinden. Or I may add a couple more Japanese bombers. I noticed they are available.
I now have:
A5M2b (Claude) Carrier Fighter A6M2 (Zero) Fighter A6M5 (Zero) Fighter B5N1 (Kate) Torpedo bomber B6N1 (Jill) Carrier based Torpedo bomber D3A1 (Val) Dive bomber (I had one already but looking for something else I found a better one) D4Y1 (Judy) Carrier dive bomber G4M2 (Betty) Naval heavy bomber Ki-43 (Oscar) Fighter Ki-44 (Tojo) Fighter/Interceptor Ki-45a (Nick) Heavy twin engined Fighter Ki-61 (Tony) Army Fighter/Interceptor Ki-84 (Frank) Army Fighter Ki-100 Hien (No Known US designation)
I also located a better Corsair model and with that I updated my F4U-1D. I am very pleased with the better canopy and hi-res cockpit. The hangar screen that came with the update was unsatisfactory so I created a better one (IMHO) just for my own use.
As the various campaigns install into the same base game I've found some residual difficulties from the original. For instance, though the Solomons campaign is a prop game there was a residual jet fly-by sound that played when the hangar screen or loading screen was up. I easily located the offending jet sound for the loading screen (it is up while you transition into 3D) and I replaced that with a nice F4U flyby sound I had altered using a sound editor called Reaper. It took a day to find where the other jet files was hidden and get a replacement for the as there were so many sound files and the file names for the fly-by were rather cryptic. A fellow over at the ATeam forum helped me locate three oddly named files that needed to be changed. Alles gut now.
I've been struggling with a little intestinal bug since Sunday. Nothing serious but it definitely has kept me on my toes. No way you can have that and stay in bed. I'm told it is a viral affliction that is going around town this week. it seems to be moving through me and the local population at about the same speed.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019