Folks,

Dux:

Has all the snow melted from the bird feeder? Has spring finally sprung in the Peaks Dist.? I mean beyond there in your heart? We've had a brief flirtation with winter for a few nights. One night there was the threat of frost in low lying areas across the state. There was no noticeable damage here. However many of the beautiful blooms have done their best and are beginning to fade. Others will come to take their place. Such is life.

As I have typed before, our 11th anniversary medallion has been struck and I plan to post its likeness (both obverse and reverse) on or about our official anniversary date of Tuesday, April 24.

In conjunction with our anniversary I propose that we adopt a HWH motto. This has somehow been lacking in the past and IMHO the oversight should be immediately rectified. How about 'Ad Astra... What's that Dux? You interrupted me to say that's already been taken? Really? Hmmmm. OK then...

To that end I offer the following:

HWH Motto:

'Si Post Fata Venit Gloria Non Propero'

Before you ask who the hell Gloria is Dux let me try to translate. The gist of it is something like:

'If glory comes after death, I'm not in a hurry' or 'If glory comes after death, I can wait.'
Maybe even 'If one must die to be recognized, I can wait.'

I think it appropriate considering our well known aversion to posthumous recognition. Unless one of us is greatly offended by it that motto will be considered adopted. Put that hand down! Don't you dare raise an objection Dux. It is already on the danged coin.