Folks,

Dux:

That sparkley finish of the race reminded me of the time you landed that new Hurricane wheels up on the high street of Studley Grange. There were a lot of sparks flying that day too. I suppose that would be about the only similarity to the race. I doubt the race driver was filled to overflowing with Bilgeflush & Gutterslosh best bitter or that he had a hysterical nurse sitting in his lap.

We were all rooting for you when they rounded you up to stand charges. As I recall you told the Provost that the nurse had her foot on the pilot's relief tube and you simply could not hold your water any longer. In agony, you declared an emergency and had to land. I was happy to testify in your defense that you always have had a rather unreliable bladder.

Several of the mechanics and riggers also attested to the same thing in what I thought at the time were rather graphic terms. I do not think their disparaging laughter helped you much. Considering the fact that you had an unauthorized passenger aboard and you wrote off a fighter making an unauthorized landing. And we must add to that the unavoidable fact that when you dashed from your smoking plane into the nearest public privy it happened to be presently occupied by none other than the somewhat startled wife of the mayor of that village just sitting there with her red drawers down around her ankles; I think you got off rather lightly.

Yes I know the privy was a two holer Dux, and with that in mind, I must wonder, as did the Provost, why in the world you did not at least use the other one?


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019