Here, Here. I ask the honorable member from Derbyshire if he will yield two minutes of time?
Thank you....
Pessimistically, the world economy has now gotten into such a state that even the rich and powerful, and great corporations are beginning to sense a wind change. Rather than suffer the least reduction in their standard of living or more lost points on the stock exchange they now put pressure upon their private government to radically cut taxes, services and spending. Since politicians reelection depends upon this powerful group for the life's blood of their political survival (meaning cash) they will listen to their masters and act accordingly.
The true powers that be in the world seem to remain the same after any election. It seems to me that, at least as far as I am concerned, nothing much really changes for the better at my house no matter who is elected dog catcher or any public office from there up. On the other hand quite a bit can and often does go terribly wrong and then get worse. Elections become an exercise in which we the voters must judge which candidate will do not the most good but instead the least harm.
Bringing our political discussion just barely in sight of a reasonable topic of discussion here; I wonder what would have happened at Munich differently if Churchill and not Chamberlain had been PM?
A political forum this definitely ain't so I'll shut up before I'm reminded of the rules by someone who could pull the cord and make my posting here ever again problematic.
Last edited by Jolly Roger Two; 02/21/1106:49 PM. Reason: Astonishing ignorance
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019