Just shy of the 11:00 AM hour, our air temp is a warm 73°F. There is a 6 mph wind from the SE and visibility is reported as 12 miles. The humidity is higher today at 63%. We'll surely see the mid 80s F. today with a very good chance of feeling some heat tomorrow as the ambient heat is predicted to rise into the low 90s F.
A red V Star biplane and a white Aviat Pitts biplane collided while both airplanes were landing on the same runway at the airport in Tullahoma, Tennessee. The first production Mooney M20V Acclaim Ultra took flight recently in Kerrville, Texas. I remember the first Mooney I ever saw. I thought there was something wrong with the tail the way it leaned toward the cockpit.
The computer notes database is growing daily as I add more and more from my extensive collection of pieces of information. This is a medium long term project. however when it is done I will be able to search those notes easily when the need arises. It always seemed that when I needed a particular piece of info that I knew I had made an entry for (everything at random in thick notebooks) I started at page one and turned page after page until , nearing the end of the last notebook, I found it. Kinda like troubleshooting a faulty TV or radio checking each part or module until you come at last to the fuses and find one burnt out. No more. In addition to the future usefulness this causes me to read each piece of data again and I have already benefited from that exercise.
MG:
Each day brings us closer to the 101st running of the Indy 500 at the famous Indianapolis Brickyard. Many folk today, if they even know of Eddie Rickenbacker, our top ace in WWI, probably do not know that he was a famous race car driver before that war. I do not know haw many "Gs" those old cars took around those curves but whatever made Eddie a star on the track certainly must have helped him in the air. He survived that terrible meat grinder to become a very successful businessman.
Happy biking my friend. I've started taking long walks in the evening once more. It isn't as convenient as it was when we had a large park behind our house but it is pleasant enough. We live a pastoral life in the country. Big houses, large, expansive green yards and loads of trees. I am not a "Tree huger" by trade but I do love trees. I feel a reverence standing, looking up in a grove of old growth trees I do not often feel in church.
It is just turning noon now and my lunch has just come to mind. I had thought it was the cat growling. But no, it was I. My Raisin Bran has departed leaving a vacuum in its place. I'm sure you know how nature hates a vacuum. Being part of nature myself, I do as well. So I am headed downstairs to hunt down the elusive chicken sandwich or chop of pork that often hides in the chill air of the refrigerator. Or perhaps, should they somehow evade me, I may simply make a steaming bowl of tasty and nutritious homemade onion soup. I wonder how many poor students studying in Paris survived on that soup, a cheap bottle of wine and a fresh baguette of bread?
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019