LOL! Dux Old Sod you are a faithful mate. I knew it all along. I never for one moment doubted your loyalty. It was always my secret delight that the boys in that hastily convened firing squad were just too blind drunk even to hit a telephone booth from the inside. Come out of hiding you are completely exonerated....well almost, there is the matter of that liquor bill in the amount of 50 quid that I received from the Cloven Hoof....
Hmmmmmm. Do I detect from your typing a slight Northern accent? One somewhat similar to the last reincarnation of the beloved Dr. Who? Even so, amnesty has been declared for all including myself and I hold you in the very highest regard. Further, I proclaim your writing skills second to none across the land. I will back that up with a trebuchet load comprised of the Collected Works of Dickens, the complete 14 volume set of "The Annuals of America", a full set of the Encyclopedia Britannica, replete with maps and index, a single volume of the "Martian Chronicles" and "Tarzan of the Apes", by Edgar Rice Boroughs, a heavy two volume set of selected fiction by H. Ryder Haggard, a five pound leather bound copy of Funk&Wagnalls Standard Desk Dictionary, several ribald paperbacks and one dog eared 1955 Superman comic book.
I suppose that my being a Southerner it was bound to cause some friction over there in the North just as it apparently did over here. No matter. I learned a long time ago that I cannot control how others feel. I can however control to some extent how I feel. All is therefore forgiven. Here at HWH we are all friends once more.
As it is just 2 days prior to our American Memorial Day and but one day before the running of arguably the greatest race in the world, the Indianapolis 500, it is incumbent upon us to remember those on both sides of that terrible conflict who spilled their beer or having drunk too well gave a mighty heave and gave forth their last full measure across friend and foe alike. SALUTE!
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019