It is a dreary, rain soaked day in Dixie. A 'frog strangler' is how it is generally referred to by the older folk around here. It is a perfect day nonetheless. It is just right for revving up a good Spitfire and doing battle.
I suppose SNAFU is enjoying much the same weather as this front seems to be going right up the eastern coast of the US. It is about time to get the USS SNAFU out of dry dock isn't it Cap'n SNAFU? The old Chesapeake would be a tad choppy today I think.
Europe has already done so however everyone in the US should "Spring Forward" tonight setting their clocks one hour ahead by 2AM Sunday morning.
We will soon know how UNC fares in the 'final four' SNAFU. Keep something crossed and your thumb in your fist for those fellows to win and go on to capture the NCAA title.
Don't fret. It could be worse, suppose it were Duke instead of UNC. After what Duke did to those turtles in that other big game I completely understand why you have little love for them. Still, next time those teams meet Maryland may well be the victor. The ACC is a tough, competitive conference. Anyone can beat anyone on a given night.
So we will see Michigan State and UNC square off. I have a unique difficulty myself in pulling for UNC as I actually attended both NC State Univ. and Michigan State Univ. However my allegiance is and always has been to the ACC. Uhhh, I'll have to spit when I say this but here goes anyway "Go Heels".
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019