I flew another single mission tonight and this time I moved the 'particle density' setting from 'medium' to 'full'. I didn't notice much difference. No difference in frame rate and that's a good thing. When I convinced a 109 to roll over and take a bite of a dirt sandwich the resulting explosion and smoke did seem to be thicker, denser than usual.
I suddenly realized I see no smoke from my tracers in WoV. Do any of you? Tracer smoke is all over you in IL2. In reality I believe tracers were controversial with RAF pilots. Many preferred to have shells that sparked when they hit rather than smoked or sparkled all the way from muzzle to target.
I know there was a mod for Smokey tracers at one time and I do not know if there is the capability for that incorporated in the game or in one of the patches. I am, or rather my game is patched to 2.09. I'm perfectly satisfied with no smoke twisting along with the tracers as we've all seen in gun camera footage. I can tell when I'm on target. If I am something goes boom or falls down.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019