Folks,

Jens:

Thanks pal. I am enjoying the variety. This afternoon I followed Olga and several brave mates in a dawn attack on a German airfield. That airfield was playing host to a squadron armed with a new type of tank busting Stukas. I suspect they were some of Rudel's crowd with hair on fire, swastikas tattooed on their eyeballs and a long barreled canonen strapped to the belly of their 87s.

We hit them with complete surprise just as the sun was peeping over some distant hills. Why they weren't expecting us I do not know for German Flack followed us all the way there. On arrival, I popped up out of the grass and lined up on a long row of planes parked out in the open under the stars. How could I miss?

I blew up a Stuka on my first pass. Yes, Dux, I said "first" pass as in, I made more than one pass. Would you like to see the pitiful wreck that once was my aircraft before they sweep it up in a pile and burn it? We had not got the lot and I had nothing much else on at the moment so I went back. To their credit they shoot fairly well before breakfast. Thank goodness that Il2 is almost as tough as Olga or a modern A-10. I got truck, another Stuka and someone's mess kit.

When I finally made it back to base, Comrade Olga congratulated me profusely on my marksmanship and then she gave me a rocket that was so loud and virulent that it made grown men dive for cover and milk curdle for several miles in every direction.

This I received for being a stoopeed Americanski. She was still screaming something in Russian at the top of her lungs that sounded quite menacing to me as I crawled out from under my crate on the other side and made a mad dash for the nearest Dunski chemical toilet. Screaming sometimes makes Olga horny and I could not stand there and take the chance.

My BoB mission was par for the course. A huge flight of He-111s made a nuisance of themselves over Kenly and several irritated fellows including myself went up to teach them a few manners. There was a lot of zooming and some booming too. I got on a 109s tail and another one got on mine. In the end, I shot down two and then two got me.

And when I had walked the 3 rugged miles to the Kenly Opps dragging my parachute and hopping along only on one boot, the bloody adjutant asked me if I'd had a pleasant hike. Oh, yes, those chaps at Kenly are positively full of humor. Well, they're full of something.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019