I feel blessed and also a little guilty when we are enjoying such perfect weather and others are not. It is another Sun Day for sure here in NC. at 10:20 AM the temp is 63°F./17°C. THe humidity is 77%. I'll enjoy it while it lasts, clouds roll in tomorrow.
MG: Yup, I may be a tad masochistic, I guess or perhaps a bit overly tenacious as well. Little annoyances are little problems I have to solve that keeps me widdle grey cells healthy. Some people like crossword puzzles for the same reason. Though I have little hope for ten maybe 11 will be the charm? You've been dealing with Ten much longer than I have. My latest complaint is that now I have to log in twice. I have a good idea what that is and why that is but no clue exactly how to fix it yet. Now then, after fixing that, what could be next? And speaking of "next", I know next to nothing about Linux and Umbutu. Red Hat is locally developed here in NC in the Research Triangle Park.
Folks, when was the last time you looked at any food label on any food product without at least one ingredient listed you could not pronounce much less have any idea what it was and why it was in there? This morning, I stood there at my pantry looking at a food label that had just one, right, I said only one ingredient listed and that was easily pronounced as well. I was looking at a big jar of "Mountain Ridge" Pure Raw Honey.
Nothing special, it is mighty tasty, but what held my attention was the back of the label. One ingredient listed, nothing else. HONEY. Honey requires no preservatives, it has a natural resistance to microbes and can last almost indefinitely, properly stored. Ancients even used it on wounds. I think honey is one of Nature's best foods.
Not long ago, I noticed something on the grocer's shelve that looked like honey but was a blend of honey and high fructose corn syrup. GAG! My guess is someone thought they could both improve on Mother Nature and go cheap at the same time. Not a good combination IMHO. I had looked at the label because of the blend and it was a lengthy list of stuff the names of some ending in "X" or "XL" etc. No, LeRoy, I did not buy it. Have you no regard for my intelligence? Wait, before you answer that LeRoy, think about who hands you your pay packet.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019