Folks,

SNAFU:

LOL. Fokkering around? Me? \:\)

It has been an exceptionally warm January a few hundred miles south of you as well. We've had plenty of strong winds as the temps go from 20 degrees above average for several days to several degrees below average, then up again. It reminds me more of March than January.

So the SNAFUs have been down in the dumps again? If this trend in weather continues you will surely be tempted to break the USS SNAFU out of dry dock and set her free. I must say you really know how to show the family a good time on very little money. Next you'll be taking them down to the barber shop to watch a few haircuts. ;\)

Thank you for the good words about my PhotoShop work and the friendly wishes regarding the Super Bowl. The Seahawks/Panthers game starts in about 30 minutes. We'll see how Smith does. I didn't watch the Steelers game and it is about over. I'll catch a little of it.

Dux:

Thanks for your kind comments. I resisted the urge to have the Fokker dangling from a branch with a broken wing lest it somehow jinx your kit's maiden flight. As for the color, I started to make it bright red or a deep shade of green. I look forward to seeing the finished work.

There are those who think the beaching of whales is caused by disease, others think it is due to the sonar blasts from subs disorienting them. Still others believe they are fleeing some predator. Perhaps it is all these things?

It is a shame that such a magnificent creature died in such a way yet that sacrifice certainly brought out the best in many people who were no less magnificent in their attempts to save the doomed whale.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019