Folks,

Brrrrr! A cold morning. At 9:30 AM the temp has only risen to 29°F./-2°C. When I rose this morning it was just 27°F. The wind has almost gone now. There is a full sun beaming down. The humidity is 49%. The high for today is expected to be 41°F. and the low tonight 29°F.

MG:

Lucky Dane. You could have been killed by that taxi. It has been my experience that neither common sense nor intelligence is a prerequisite for obtaining a driver's license over here. I've had drivers take right of way that was not theirs and crowd bikers off the road and worse. There was a steep hill the bottom of which ran past my grandfather's barbershop. I was speeding down that hill on my chromed and sparkly new English style bike one day. I looked over to wave at my grandfather through his big plate glass window. At that same moment a driver in a parked car opened his door in front of me. BAAAAM! That was not a pleasant moment.

Surprisingly, the bike sustained only minor damage. I suffered scrapes and contusions, a loose tooth and I was dragging a sore leg around for a week.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019