Folks,

The sun is shining brightly. The temp is a comfortable 62°F. at 10:50 this AM. The humidity is currently 89% but is expected to lessen today. There is a 5 mph breeze from the NW and the high is expected to reach a moderate 75°F. Not the slightest inkling is seen of possible problems to come.

I am struggling to find my way around Adobe's photo editor Lightroom. It is complex and, to me, not intuitive like Photoshop always has been. Having said that, PS CC is far more complex a program than I have had the pleasure of using. More features and everything rearranged from my former CS2. Still, that is easier to navigate for me than is Lightroom so far. They are costing me $10 a month so I better get up to speed soon. I will need new glasses before I do much actual graphics work or photography for that matter. Me olde blues are falling faster now. I used to be able to go longer between new prescriptions before I started bumping into things again. I've worn glasses since the first grade and it has been a love/hate relationship. I went through a really bad patch several years ago when I let Ralph, my Optometrist talk me into plastic lenses. They were indeed light but the scratched up so fast I could not believe it. Yes, most of that was my own fault. Now, I only get glass lenses for my glasses. The only disadvantage I can tell is that I see myself more clearly in the mirror. I have great difficulty associating the man I actually feel like with that gray-bearded fool smiling stupidly at me n the reflection.

I did not wind the cat's tail last night however the cat alarm still went off about 7 AM. Back to the drawing board. I look back on that halcyon time when I only had a ferret named Jay Dee Fidget to deal with. Ferrets are quiet creatures. Ferrets do steal your socks and get into everything if you let them. Mine had a big, comfy cage with a largish, multi-room house in it. I made that of the choicest, most expensive canned Pepsi cardboard cartons duct-taped together. It featured a round oatmeal box open at each end down the center of the house. It was a nice hole-like entrance that he loved to slither down when frightened or desperately in need of a nap. Jay Dee was warm and happy down there all night long and never once woke me from my pleasant slumber in the next room.

I would consider having another ferret if I could find one as well tempered as was my Jay Dee. He slumbers now buried under the shady branches of a pecan tree on my property in another town where I grew up. I often think of him as I type these posts. For some time he graced my life. The little fellow would curl up in my lap or climb down inside my shirt and snooze away while I typed here. Once or twice he climbed on the keyboard and tried to add his two cents worth. I had to translate Ferret into English, of course. His interjections were always well received. Something he enjoyed pointing out to me was that was a better record than I could claim for my own posts. He was a handsome lad. He had pure white fur with very pink eyes. Though he was indeed related to the darker side of the weasel family, he never exhibited either their temperament nor their distasteful odor. His teeth were sharp as a barber's razor yet he never once nipped anyone. That is, I understand, unusual for any pet ferret. Jay Dee was a credit to his race. Yes, at times he could also be a mischievous scamp sometimes but always, always it was a joy to be in his company.

Like most recent pets I have been adopted by, Jay Dee once belonged to my son and his arrival at my house to live out his life caused some heated discussion. In the end, I admit that all those "second hand" pets turned out well for both the animals and for me. The best dog that ever owned me was once my son's rescue police K9 reject. Destined for being put down because only because he was not aggressive enough for police work, Chief, as he came to be known for various reasons, was a wonderful and very obedient and protective pet. Chief was well trained. He had learned many useful commands in the language of the Dutch for safety reasons. Jay Dee and Chief, I do miss them both.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019