My Goodness Sir JR2, Given a few quiet days at the shore where one can take in the wonderful refreshing sea air and where the mind is freed of the mundane realities of regular day to day life there appears to be no limits to what you will come up with. Your vision of what virtual reality may look like in the not so far off future was captivating. I am of the mind that your view is not at all far fetched and probably close to what will be possible. I am anxious for it to arrive indeed.
At the risk of getting waaaaaaaaaaaaay out there, I can say without reservations that I too have seen something I nor anyone else could explain in the nights sky. It came many years ago but I can see it as if it were last night. A swiftly moving object streaking across the sky at an unnatural speed and with no sound whatever. It lifted straight up from a position off in the distance, hovered for a time and then like a bullet shot from a high powered rifle screamed off into the dark.
Nice change of pace on both of your stories. It is no suprise to me that you would be the one bold enough to attempt such stories and make them work. Thanks.
It has been quiet here lately as it seems to have been across the BoB forum generally. Again, I am seeing a good number of newbies and some returning after a stint on other fronts which is great and demonstrates IMO that the crop of sims out there do not have the holding power of BoB. They look great but are less filling. Hmm, sounds like that would make a good slogan for a beer maker. Tastes great, less filling.
I have been very busy with life's demands and some pleasures such as finally getting the USS SNAFU in the water. She is clean and mean and ready for a summer of patrols from end to end of the Beautiful Chesapeake Bay.
I have managed to spent a couple evenings doing victory rolls over Wissant as I return from another successful mission over England in my lovely yet deadly Emil lovingly manufactured by the great engineer Old Dux, DFWC at the sprawling aircraft works of Bad Schmelling. Two Spits and a Hurricane since she was delivered. My BoB is now at 2 September 1940 and soon the Luftwaffe will be showered in the glory of victory over the vaunted but now severly reduced RAF. At least I think that's what's happening.