Gents,

Currently it is raining and we do need the precipitation because of extensive draught and danger of wildfires all over the co-h-untryie. Days are still warm though and if not sunny, with more or less cloud cover. I just managed to cut the last of the shrubbery and dispose of the waste before the rain started this evening.

I hope to catch up on the YouTube clips regarding the RAF centennial but I gather that no one flew a Typhoon or even a helicopter through the Tower Bridge this anniversary. Those flyboys are perhaps getting a bit soft, eh? Unless Dux upheld the fine tradition and flew his RC plane through? Congratulations to the RAF are in order though, as is everlasting gratitude to the fine young and not so young men who flew against enemies of freedom and democracy.

True words regarding the mixed blessing of VPN's Roger, most of them do have a bad habit of storing your information and some of them even reside in the country of the Free and the Brave, only a phone call away from the Feds. Some claim not to store your details, nor logging them. Off the top of my head, I can't seem to recall any unblockers not also coming with a VPN.

Fittop, have you been buying a car recently I wonder, or perhaps just been window shopping? I went to an Alfa Romeo dealership recently and was not too impressed with the salesman. He did not know anything about the stereo system in the car and he tried selling to my emotions when discussing in detail some obscure point about the care and consideration that had gone into designing the headlamps. He even quite ridiculously claimed that a used Alfa, some years down the road would be worth a sizeable sum of money. On my trip back home from the dealer, a run of approximately 35 minutes, I ran into a queue on the free-way and in that moment the dream of actually owning an Alfa, died. You see, that dealership is the closest to my home able do do service and repairs, and I do not fancy spending that amount of time in rush hour queues. Apologies to Alfistas out there, I'm partly one myself.

Last edited by McGonigle; 07/10/18 06:40 PM.

Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop