Folks,

I don't suppose any of you use a database program you can recommend? I haven't used one since way back in DBase years. I've searched for one and even for cataloging programs. I use one of those to index my archives on CDs and DVDs. I want something I can input my computer notes that I keep info and changes made for future reference. Anything pertaining to the computer. I need to be able to enter about 5 custom fields one being notes. Then the data must be searchable. Did I mention it needs to be free?

The free online DB programs that I have looked at have been rejected because the fine print in their use agreement requires that my data must be available for use by them and/ or their unnamed client(s). I don't like that for some reason. Other programs were not really "Free" they were trial ware. Still others had rigid fields that could not be changed like for cataloging music CDs. I could try to build a DB using my spreadsheet I guess. I would rather have a dedicated DB program that requires no programming knowledge, just knowing how a DB works. I have two notebooks of notes I'd like to make searchable. Right, Fittop, I can search the notebooks right now just by turning the pages. Thank you very little for that personal insight....


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019