Did you mean to type '17' as in 'seventeen' meaning one more than sixteen Spitfires? That must be nearly the entire lot of flying aircraft from around the globe? I am awed.
It is sad indeed about Airfix. They have suffered badly over the last couple of decades. We grew up and left them behind and never managed to interest our boys perhaps. There were other things that beckoned, console and computer games for instance. Here is the Airfix story if anyone wishes to read. I hope that someone will manage to keep the name going.
I don't suppose you have the ability to post pix on PhotoBucket now? I cannot wait to hear your next report. No doubt there will be a large formation of He111s, Bf109s and Fws darkening the sky as several big wings of Hurricanes and Spitfires rise to give chase. I will not be more jealous... I will not be more envious...I am already as green as I can get without a spray job.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019