Folks,

Dux:

If he even knew about it, the fellow with the unruly hair and toothbrush mustache probably didn't give a fig about such affronts to his dignity at the time. He thought he would have a thousand years to get even with everybody. No doubt it was brown nosed underlings hoping to curry favor that went after the insolent pooch. I've read that the loyal sycophant Bormann once had someone's property in Berchtesgarten seized and then he sent them to a concentration camp just so he could cut down a few trees that the Fuhrer offhandedly mentioned spoiled his view.

I do hope it will not be too long before you can get your PC crate repaired or replaced so that it will fly again. I look forward to vicariously enjoying all the new pleasures of our BoB fitted out with all the newest bells and whistles. Maybe you might even get ROF and report on that? The new title from Oleg promises to be exceptional but demanding of CPU processing power so I look forward to enjoying that in time through your eyes as well.

Hereabouts BoB patched to 9xx is doing the job and running well. They say it should not even load but it is running smoothly. After a decade I continue to get a great deal of pleasure from it. As a bonus I never forget that had it not been for BoB I'd never have meet you, SNAFU, C51, Jens and so many other fine fellows. I'd never have known Olga or LeRoy or hundreds of other interesting characters populating so many pages of HWH stories over these past ten years of fun and virtual friendship.

With nearly 2 1/2 million views filling our sails moving us happily onward we are now coasting toward the month of April and the celebration of the first decade of SNAFU's amazing thread. If this celebration is also to mark the final chapter in our story then we should put some serious thought on how we might want to bring this decade to a suitable and honorary close.

Mark Carroll may not be with us other than in spirit and we do not know what happened to old SNAFU yet I feel he should participate in some way at least by proxy. Were it not for Mark none of this might have ever happened. Yes that may be a terrible thing to place at the feet of a departed friend. In spite of that, I think Mark would be both pleased and proud of HWH. At the least I hope that he would look upon the stewardship of his thread by you, MG and me with approval.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019