I am looking at a satellite photo of that enormous storm. It is a record storm. The strongest ever recorded. Before seeing the photo I wondered if your rains are already directly attributed to the storm in the Pacific. After seeing the photo I no longer wonder. The warm water off the coast of Mexico is feeding it.
I am concerned. This storm is bigger than the SC storm and that one nearly washed SC into the sea. We received about 6" of rain up here. Not all the rain resulted from the hurricane either.
Batten down the poop deck and swab the hatches my friend. Your old mum asked me to say, "Don't wait if you need to seek a higher perch and don't drive through running water. Six inches of running water can and has overturned cars."
Keep us informed. We'll be waiting for you at the sunny end of this dangerous ordeal. For some it will be but a hurricane party but for others it could be a painful disaster. This storm is unprecedented. No one knows. We've been warned to expect such a monster on the east coast one day and appraised of the likely resulting catastrophic results especially on the coast. Let us hope they got it wrong.
I'm about 200 miles from the NC coast and have friends who live there. This storm is huge. It could sit on the coast and still blow my long underwear off the clothesline. You will have a story to tell us. I pray and have every reason to believe that it will have a very happy ending.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019