Folks,

Dux:

File this under misery loves company:

How's this for a coinkidinky? Before I could even read the new posts my computer suddenly shut down. I had a black screen and no input from the keyboard worked. The green power light was on and not blinking as it does when the power is shut down. I had to press the reset button for a soft reboot to get back up and running after a long wait as Bill's blue screen of death had to first have its go.

It could be my HDD as well. The last time I had a HDD failure I turned on the computer one morning and I was greeted by a sound like I had just dropped a spoon in a blender. Looks like we are tossing around in the same leaky boat Dux. \:\)


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019