Folks,

MG:

We've discussed this before and I've read a bit about it thanks to your pointing the way. I don't mind the continual pop up every time I load a page; I even get it now and then elsewhere. It is the extra time it takes to load the SimHQ pages that aggravates. One ad alone fails to run and the browser takes a good bit of time trying and trying before it gives up. I can also put up with that if it keeps our forum free however I do wonder how many others aren't seeing the ad as well. That isn't doing the advertiser any good is it? In the long run it does not help SimHQ either. It may be a small number of course.

Perhaps it is an IE 8 problem? I've updated everything else. I cannot update to Explorer 9 unless I upgrade from XP. In my mind MS should not have abandoned us IE 8 users until they also totally abandoned XP as they will be doing with the next Windows release.

With so many other more important concerns on my plate at the moment this really is minor. However it is a numbers game and if the ads aren't seen they cannot produce. If they do not produce they will go away and maybe one day we may, for one reason or another, wish they hadn't. wink

This is what is not loading on my computer:

http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagea...p%3A//simhq.com


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019