Fear not my friend. As ever, you know you can rely upon moi. I have posted the story where only a select few will ever see it...
Let me pause to wish for you and your companion(s) a delightful holiday of sun and fun. Carry plenty of barbecue sauce for the sun can be brutal, even dangerous, to the flesh. If your suit is wet, just hang it for a bit in a sunny corner and it will dry. I doubt that it will shrink all that much. You'll be able to squeeze into it I am sure.
Oh, wait... you meant your "WETSUIT". Of course. You enjoy the sport of snorkeling as did I some years past. That is a delightful and rewarding sport indeed enjoyed by young and old alike.
Swimming at speed is a great way to keep fit but snorkeling can be enjoyed at a leisurely pace according to one's personal preference. If you've lost a lot of lard then you'll appear less tasty to the denizens of the deep at least. There are many of those to be concerned about these days as the sea continues to warm up. Plus today, one must be on the lookout for the detritus, flotsam and jetsam of human consumption in some places. Discarded medical items like needles, plastic items of all types and sizes, bottles, cans, even scraps of clothing all tossed into the sea from passing ships come bobbing in on the waves. It is a disgrace. Of course in the POSH area where you are going you are unlikely to see much of that. It has become a real problem in some areas. Soon I expect to see the stuff pop up in the bathtub.
I have adopted a somewhat healthy regime including eating better foods and exercise. I no longer do much snorkeling but I have resumed walking 1 to 5 miles per day. I do various muscle toning exercises daily and recently I've began weight lifting again after about 50 years. Do you think that odd for a man nearing 72 years of age in September? My grandson and step grandson are both keen weight lifters. My little granddaughter embarrassed and surprised my grandsons by bench pressing 30 lbs. No, she has no interest whatsoever in continuing. It was apparently enough just to show off for the smug young boys that one time.
At this point I am certainly not trying to lift heavy weights anymore. At present I am merely working out with 40 lbs and adding repetitions as I become able so to do. This done just to further tone what muscles I have. I'll probably add twenty more lbs at some point and stop at that. No need to add all that much new muscle mass at my age. Frankly, up to now the most weight I've been lifting was my own weight out of bed or the bath every morning or a frothy pint or two on celebratory occasions. The gnats are so thick these days that when walking in the evening my arms get about as much exercise as my legs do by swatting at the illusive, irritatingly persistent insects.
Be safe. Have all the fun your heart can stand. We look forward to your return and the heroic sea yarns awash with hyperbole you will relate to us then.
Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044
"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"
CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019