Folks,

I meant to add this to the above post:

The 50th anniversary of the moon landing has provided much to watch on TV and the internet. There is an excellent series on the PBS video website entitled "Chasing the Moon".

I had watched the Apollo 11 astronauts live on that historic day in 1969 when Neil Armstrong spoke those famous words. It was good to watch that again and more so to be reminded of what it took for "US", meaning mankind, to get there and back. Gosh. Was it that long ago? I wrote my senior theme on the first Seven Astronauts.

I've even touched a real moon rock. Surely by now you have too? That was a thrill enjoyed on a visit to the NC Life and Science Museum with my young son. No thrill perhaps, to those who may touch something from another world today. So many have now become blaśe about space exploration over these 50 years.

More down to earth, I watched the "Deadwood" movie on Amazon Prime. Finally, a finish to the cancelled Netflix series that left so much hanging in the air. I paid $2.99 for the privilege rather than start an HBO subscription that is also offered and much easier to find.


Originally Registered January,2001 Member Number 3044

"Blessed are they who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed" - Edmond Gwenn, "The Trouble With Harry"

CELEBRATING EIGHTEEN YEARS and over 20 MILLION VIEWS on SNAFU's HWH thread- April 2019