Hamilton had a great race, agreed. I talked about it a month ago, but he has had a remarkable turn around this year. I was wrong saying he was past it, though anyone could be forgiven for thinking so given his poor 2025. But this season he has been reborn, driving very well, getting good results and the better of Leclerc, and honestly I would not have expected this. Hamilton has scored in every race aside from Spain I think. He's third and not that far behind George.
Congrats to Max for a perfect drive and victory, it rarely looked in doubt. And it's incredible how good the RBPT engines are given this isn't a works team and this is their first ever shot at a power unit. I don't think they get enough credit for this. Max is now level with Lando on points and just three behind Leclerc.
That was a good race, much chaos as I like. Changing weather is always the best spice.
In the end, standing still on my fantasy team cost me a bit. To swap to Red Bull would have meant dropping Merc, and with George's retirement I left some points out there. But I had no retirements in my drivers so I'll take it.
I'm not a big fan of Sepang as I said, it's not one of my favorites to drive. But the nature of the corners put a premium on driver skill and it showed throughout the weekend. Some tracks are all blast and braking zone, like Monza. But this track requires much more finesse and I thought it made a good spectacle.