I read a report, probably this past spring or so. If I recall it was only for American F1 viewership. And f I recall, 3% of those females polled said they were 'avid' fans, while 14% were at least 'casual' fans.

It's estimated that roughly 90 million worldwide watch per race. The most startling part of that study for me was that US viewership was only about 700k of that figure.

Netflix's Drive to Survive series is boosting viewership and bringing new fans in to the sport, so this is probably growing. Formula 1 claims a 39% increase since 2019.

But this is set to explode. In the very near future, as early as next year we could have two races in the US (done deal), a second American team (Sauber/Alfa Romeo bought by Andretti?) and if that goes through an American driver, with Colton Herta whispered to be the choice should the sale go through. Along with Drive to Survive, all this should add up to increased exposure and interest in F1 in the US.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss