Yes, that is certainly a factor. It's striking though how reliable they are, despite that. 2021 for example was frozen too and there were far more retirements. When I watch vintage races, and using that term loosely I mean even races from the 2000's, sometimes half the field is retired for one reason or another, crashes, mechanical or whatever. This season maybe one or two drop out, and usually for damage, someone got a wheel in to the sidepod and the radiator is busted or that sort of thing. Anyway, I find it interesting even if I prefer more chaos and retirements in my Formula 1.
Interesting results yesterday too. A couple of teams impressed out of nowhere, especially Williams and Afla Romeo. It would be nice to see Alfa get a result with both cars. They've struggled all year but haven't been cry babies about it, so I hope they can get in the points this weekend.
Aston Martin looked very slow, and I have to think they were keeping their powder dry. Even with their regression over the second half of the season they should be better than ninth fastest of ten teams. So I look for them to have a better day today.
Merc were second fastest in both single lap pace and long runs during practice, ahead of McLaren and Ferrari, but just a tenth separated all three teams in both. The fight for second is heating up and should be a great battle to watch as we head to the finale.
Good luck boys!