The Sainz angle is not one I really considered,but could be true. Whatever the impetus, I think this was a move Fez had to make if they want to make the most of the car they have. Binotto should get plenty of credit for that car, but must also accept the responsibility for their damp challenge this season. Like I said he's a good engineer and if he'd accept the regression I'd offer him the technical director role again. But I think they are parting ways, and I could see him landing on his feet with the new Audi operation.

2023 sprint venues announced

Baku
Austria
Spa
Qatar
COTA
Interlagos

Interlaogs is a perfect sprint circuit I think, and proved it a few weeks ago with a stellar sprint race, in my view. Baku? Maybe, that straight is an overtaking zone of the first order. Austria we had last year. COTA? Yeah, OK with that. No one knows about Losail, and honestly this surprised me, but we will see if it was good choice. Six sprints is a lot. Still not convinced this is the way forward, but you know I love F1 racing, so why not right?


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss