Oi vey. Max's elbows were a little too sharp today, and he is lucky to have scored. Not a bad race, and got very spicy after Red Bull had an uncharacteristically poor stop, bringing Lando back in play. I was thinking Max should let Lando by so that he in turn could use DRS to snatch the lead back at the end. But maybe Max thought Lando would drive away from him.

The virtual safety car killed me as I was thinking Piastri might have driven up behind Russell without that neutralization for a few laps. Maybe not, but it killed that chance.

I dropped Merc just in time for them to have a fantastic result. Smart play by rollnloop to keep them. They scored over 70 points as a constructor and that will do nicely. The thing that saved me from falling way behind was playing the no negatives chip, so in the end I only lost a couple points, pending any changes to the tally, which always seems to come after I've had a look.

On to Silverstone.


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss