Yeah, I'm not advocating for Red Bull to sign Bottas, but based on the current market they don't appear to have many options if they decide to move on from Perez. He still has many races to prove he deserves the seat next year and he's been better than Gasly or Albon were. But I expected more, especially on Saturdays. His race performances have been good in the main, with a few big moments against him. Better Saturdays, and more consistency would bring him to the level he needs to be. After the Silverstone disaster Red Bull lost all their margin and they need Perez to be in the hunt if they are to win the title. At the very least he needs to match Bottas' output the rest of the way. if he can outpace him on points then Red Bull are favorites.
I'd be OK with Gasly coming back. He's impressed me this year and I like him, seems like a good guy. He has qualified well, but Alpha Tauri seem to lack race pace most weekends and despite some good finishes they seem to go backwards more often than not, which isn't on Gasly I don't think. They say the Red Bull was particularly fickle to drive the past couple of years, prone to snap. Max could deal with it, but those guys struggled. Is it still the same? Gasly could return and light it up if the car is now more predictable. Albon also seems like a nice guy, but I'm not sold on him and wouldn't give the seat to him.
So it really doesn't leave much. Red Bull have given no indication they are unhappy with Perez, but it's still only a one year deal and if they see a better path they'll take it. But that path is hard to see.