I didn’t catch up on the Baku F1 race yet as I was on the road this weekend but I’m really glad you mention IndyCar Derek because this being an F1 thread I didn’t want to hijack it but hey, I’m into motorsport, even the national kartning league so yes, I love IndyCar.

The racing is close, competetive and some times combatitive. I like the ambience which is so relaxed and as yet unspoilt by the kind of professionalism and multimillion Dollar marketing machine of F1. The TV crew just talk to the drivers after the race at trackside, no mediacenter and formal press conferences like in F1. And I like the drivers in IndyCar better than most F1 drivers. Maybe it is connected to that relaxed chill in IndyCar (relatively speaking).

The tracks are dynamite too because I think they have not been modernized to acommodate faster cars like in Europe, rather the cars have been dialled back to provide a great spectacle on existing, classic track layouts.

Sorry F1 fans, I really do prefer IndyCar over F1.

Anyway, at Barber it was yet another thrilling race. Power has matured and finally figured that good consistent races are preferable to wild swings from hero to zero and back again, Newgarden (half-Danish I think) looked good until he fell down the order, and how cool is it that there’s ex-F1 drivers and ex-super cars drivers mixing it with the best open wheel drivers in the USA.

With the various track types, roadcourses and ovals IndyCar offers variety and tests the drivers’ skills.

And we got two Danes there as well! Christian Lundgaard had some very good moves overtaking Dixon and Palou, His dad was a European Rally Champion and a national Touring Car Champion.

Benjamin Pedersen also looked quite racey at times.


Jens C. Lindblad


Sent from my Desktop