I started the season rooting for Max. Seven championships is enough for one driver, I thought it would be good for the sport for the next generation to finally rise to the fore.

Today it seemed Lewis was the better driver, Max being over aggressive at times, messing up his start. I was unhappy at the way race control handled the end of the race. Sending some cars around at the last possible second after indicating they would not do so. The person I was watching the race with commented that Hamilton had to pass those lapped cars under green but Max got a free pass that suddenly put him side by side with Hamilton with a lap to go and no need to battle the lapped traffic Hamilton had to deal with.

Both drivers deserved to win. If Verstappen did not have his tire blow out on the strait in Azerbaijan while in the lead or had not been taken out by Hamilton at Silverstone we would not be having this discussion.
Hamilton really handled everything with grace and class today. My respect for him as a sportsman went up.

So Max won after all. I just don't want to see inconsistent rulings in the name of putting on a show affecting the integrity of the race and the championship.


"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" -- Mark 8:36