In the highlights I saw a huge sideswipe from an Alfa Romeo towards a Williams but I’m not clear as to who or why. I couldn’t see if there was any reason for the Alfa driver to affect such a violent course correction.
So, any no. 2 driver at Red Bull stays with that team at the risk of his very soul. Mark Weber, Kvyat, Albon, Danny Ric, Checo Perez. And they had so many drivers through their hands at Red Bull that they sometimes didn’t know what to do with them. Anyone remember Scott Speed and who else..
Either you accept that you’re always going to play second fiddle which apparently worked for Bottas, the money was perhaps satisfactory, or if you dream of being the best driver in the world you grab the bull by the horns and start behaving like Russel “are we racing each other or the others?” - just as he was being repassed after having passed LH.
Russel’s and Perez’ acts bear witness to the fact that if you want a new pair of shoes you gotta kick off the old ones first. However, not all palacecoups are successful, quite a few fail, and on rare occasions the fans will be treated to a Senna/Prost or LH/NR inter-team rivalry.
I wonder how long it will be before we see Lando and Piastri slugging it out?
Last edited by McGonigle; 09/25/23 02:59 PM.