Yeah it's sad. What a character. I have a soft spot for many of the people in F1 down the years that gave the big boys a run for their money with their own money, their own project far away from the factory teams. Like Eddie Jordan, or Lord Hesketh or Ken Tyrrell. They succeeded when everything possible was stacked against them. Don't recall which year it was, sometime in the 1990s I guess, and I was watching a race at Magny Cours, and it was coming down in sheets. It was Frentzen at the wheel if I recall, and he had a remarkable drive, dispatching all the big names along like way, like Schumacher and Hakkinen. Barrichelo was there at the end as I recall. Anyway, that yellow car shaking off all the big names for a famous win in monsoon conditions is something that sticks with me all these years later

RIP Eddie Jordan


To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss