That is one of my favourite missions- and I'm hoping to make it better with an idea that mol suggested. Basically that raiding parties of infantry be distributed around the main routes... supported by the hueys and also of course the A-10s / KA50s. I think that would be pretty cool... but as you can imagine there is some major scripting interpretation that needs to be done.
Don't get me wrong, I can copy and paste with the rest of them- and there are other missions to get the basics from available for download.
It's about interpreting which part of the script pertains to which part of the mission- going through unit names and zones and which part of the overall action the script generates.
Not THAT hard... but time consuming in some respects. Basically what I need to be able to do is say that when the huey touches down for more than 30 seconds, infantry spill out. They'd need to have their own moving zone so that when the huey enters it and lands for more than 30 seconds, however many infantry are left get back on.
To replenish, you'd need to go back to a FARP... land... and that would get your infantry number back up to 11 or so.
Anyway- that's the idea.
I have that concept at work a little in Donkey Kong 55- where hueys can get a quick victory for blue if they go and land troops on the mountain top as quick as possible... each huey has 11 guys.
Neat aspect would be if two or more hueys land and disgorge all their troops and merge them with the really big convoys. That would be some firefight! I could set a trigger so that when the convoy enters the infantry moving zone, the convoy stops and their own infantry jump out...
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Now then- when do I find the time to implement that!? Oh wait... night shift!