Odegaard has been off to a sizzling start, yes. I'm no fan of the Gunners so not pulling for them, unless maybe they are playing United.
An event build seems a splendid idea. Make a different build just for events and whichever specific weapons you use for those. If you are rocking PA, then cards to support that too. Any perks I may not be aware of yet that help if you're playing with others. Cards to boost survival and resistances. And all those strength perks to maximize the haul. Swap to this when you head off events, and do your free roam with the other loadout. And a third loadout for CAMP, to maximize your yields and repair percentages, and minimize the materials needed for building and crafting.
My build is centered on stealth and sneak attacks, but this is useless in events, so I might have to make an event build myself now that we've talked about it.
I have a question. I run Secret Service and I either forget how crafting it works, or they changed it. I think I recall that crafting a piece makes it legendary automatically. It does not, now. Have I always needed to craft SS, and then roll the legendary as a second step like you do with everything else? Somewhere in this long thread I made a post about this. I want a new left leg and don't want to waste any mats or modules. I recall saying that the real super power of SS armor is how cheap it is to craft, because it was always one module, and could be three stars.
Speaking of stars, I saw my first four-star item, which didn't exist when I last played. It was a nice Handmade, but was Junkies as first star so I scripped it. This gives me the sort of goals I need to propel me through a game like this, having done nearly everything already. I'm sitting on 204, and it blows me away to think about how high you are and Panzer's probably 1300+ by now. That is a hell of a lot of play time. But that's the thing with 76, it has so many hooks. It's just a fun game set in a fantastic universe.
To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss