That's interesting. I'm still undecided, and maybe my actions, or the missions I trigger, intentionally or otherwise, could make the decision for me, if I understand how it works. The player must tread carefully at this stage or could find himself in or out, depending.

I liked the Railroad at first. They feel like Freedom from Stalker, who I tend to throw in with in those games. But over time I saw they were not so much synth sympathetic, as supremacist. They grew to feel too zealous, with a skewed perspective on the humanity and synth question. My character started to feel less ethically aligned as time went on. But maybe worse than a question of ethics and morality, they are a bunch of lazy freeloaders. Of all the factions, the Railroad are encountered the least out in the wild. They are content to sit in their subterranean HQ and flap their gums and let the vault dweller do all the work. In exactly the same way I grew to resent the camp followers in RDR 2, i began to see the Railroad the same way. Get to work ya bastages!

The Minutemen feel safe, a Lawful Good vibe. But it feels like without me they'd not stand a chance. They insist on using laser muskets for crying out loud haha. But they were the first friendly people I met in the wastes, and want the right things for the world, even if it feels like they'll never have the capacity to make it so. The sort of underdog you'll pull for, but wouldn't stake your money on.

BoS are the opposite, like Duty to Stalker's Freedom. They also have a skewed perspective, but the capacity to get things done. Of all the factions, it is the BoS out there in the weeds giving the bad guys the good news. It feels like they have the best chance aside from the institute of realizing their vision.

The Institute is too new to me right now. The whole thing was a revelation, from meeting Shaun to seeing the facility and learning their stated goals. Of all the factions, the Institute are the only one to have the ability to truly make the world a better place. But I've been doing this a long time, and I know things can never be that simple, that what I see is likely a veneer, and beneath lies a more sinister foundation. I have yet to uncover this, if it exists, but the cynic in me senses something amiss. They are stringpullers, and I have yet I think to see what's dancing on the end. If I'm honest, I think it's me.

So I have little to pull me in any of those directions. It feels like aligning with the Minutemen will perhaps offend the others less, with any other choice making instant enemies. To avoid making this choice any time soon I've returned to Far Harbor to take in some more of the content there, and maybe get some good DLC gear. Hit Level 63

I still hold three unspent points, but did spend two others on Better Criticals 2 and 3. Along with Critical Banker this means I almost always have one devastating shot in the pocket. I don't use it much, but it's good insurance.



To achieve anything in this game you must be prepared to dabble in the boundary of disaster — Stirling Moss